- The Worldwide harmonised Light duty vehicles Test Procedure, a GRPE informal working group
- The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, which has assumed the steering role on the WLTP.
- UNECE Working party on Pollution and Energy – Transport Programme
- Global Technical Regulation
- The family of the 3 pre-defined driving-cycles to use for each vehicle depending on its PMR. Classes 1,2 & 3 are split in 2, 4 and 4 parts respectively.
- The rated_power / unladen_mass of the vehicle
- Unladen mass
- UM or Curb weight, the weight of the vehicle in running order minus the mass of the driver.
- Test mass
- TM, the representative weight of the vehicle used as input for the calculations of the simulation, derived by interpolating between high and low values for the CO2-family of the vehicle.
- Reduction of the top-velocity of the original drive trace to be followed, to ensure that the vehicle is not driven in an unduly high proportion of “full throttle”.