wltp: generate WLTC gear-shifts based on vehicle characteristics¶
|documentation:||https://wltp.readthedocs.org/ (build-date: Aug 09, 2019)|
|keywords:||UNECE, automotive, car, cars, driving, engine, fuel-consumption, gears, gearshifts, rpm, simulation, simulator, standard, vehicle, vehicles, wltc, nedc|
|Copyright:||2013-2019 European Commission (JRC-IET)|
This wltp python project is still in alpha stage, in the send that its results are not “correct” by the standard, and no WLTP dyno-tests should rely currently on them.
Some of the known deficiencies are described in these places:
- In the Changes.
- Presented in the diagrams of the Tests, Metrics & Reports section.
- Imprinted in the
test_wltp_dbtest-case which automatically compares, on each build, the mean RPMs & Gears of this program against Heinz’s phase-1a (end of 2014) MSAccess, for a pre-determined set of Heinz-db vehicles. Currently, genrated mean-RPMs differ from Heinz-db < 0.5% and gears < 5% for a 1800-step class-3 cycle.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Usage
- 3. Getting Involved
- 4. Annex 2
- 4.1. Gear selection and shift point determination for vehicles equipped with manual transmissions
- 4.2. Calculations of required power, engine speeds, available power, and possible gear to be used
- 4.3. Additional requirements for corrections and/or modifications of gear use
- 5. Tests, Metrics & Reports
- 6. FAQ
- 6.1. General
- 6.2. Technical
- 6.3. Discussion
- 7. API reference
- 8. Changes
- 8.1. GTR version matrix
- 8.2. Known deficiencies
- 8.3. TODOs
- 8.4. Changelog
- 8.4.1. v1.0.0.dev8 (7-Aug-2019): PY3.5 only & real work!
- 8.4.2. v0.1.2a0 (5-Jun-2019): Relax checks
- 8.4.3. v0.1.1a0 (25-May-2019): UNECE takeover
- 8.4.4. v0.1.0a3 (23-Aug-2018)
- 8.4.5. v0.1.0-alpha.2 (25-May-2017)
- 8.4.6. v0.1.0-alpha.1 (9-Mar-2017)
- 8.4.7. v0.1.0-alpha.0 (26-Feb-2017)
- 8.4.8. v0.0.9-alpha.5 (7-Feb-2017)
- 8.4.9. v0.0.9-alpha.4 (5-Oct-2015)
- 8.4.10. v0.0.9-alpha.3 (1-Dec-2014)
- 8.4.11. v0.0.9-alpha.1 (1-Oct-2014)
- 8.4.12. v0.0.8-alpha(04-Aug-2014), v0.0.8.alpha.2(1-Dec-2014)
- 8.4.13. v0.0.7-alpha, 31-Jul-2014: 1st internal
- 8.4.14. v0.0.6-alpha, 5-Feb-2014
- 8.4.15. v0.0.5-alpha, 18-Feb-2014
- 8.4.16. v0.0.4.alpha, 18-Jan-2014
- 8.4.17. v0.0.3_alpha, 22-Jan-2014
- 8.4.18. v0.0.2_alpha, 7-Jan-2014
- 8.4.19. v0.0.1, 6-Jan-2014: Alpha release
- 8.4.20. v0.0.0, 11-Dec-2013: Inception stage
- 8.5. Questions to Heinz
- 9. Indices
- The Worldwide harmonised Light duty vehicles Test Procedure,
GRPEinformal working group
- The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, which has assumed the steering role
UNECEWorking party on Pollution and Energy - Transport Programme
- Any of the Global Technical Regulation documents of the
- GS Task-Force
- The Gear-shift Task-force of the
GRPE. It is the team of automotive experts drafting the gear-shifting strategy for vehicles running the
- The family of pre-defined driving-cycles corresponding to vehicles with different PMR. Classes 1,2, 3a & 3b are split in 2, 4, 4 and 4 parts respectively.
- Unladen mass
- UM or Curb weight, the weight of the vehicle in running order minus the mass of the driver.
- Test mass
- TM, the representative weight of the vehicle used as input for the calculations of the simulation, derived by interpolating between high and low values for the CO2-family of the vehicle.
- Reduction of the top-velocity of the original drive trace to be followed, to ensure that the vehicle is not driven in an unduly high proportion of “full throttle”.
- The container of data that the gear-shift calculator consumes and produces.
It is implemented by
wltp.pandel.Pandelas a mergeable stack of
JSON-schemaabiding trees of strings and numbers, formed with sequences, dictionaries,
pandas-instances and URI-references.
- The JSON schema is an IETF draft that provides a contract for what JSON-data is required for a given application and how to interact with it. JSON Schema is intended to define validation, documentation, hyperlink navigation, and interaction control of JSON data. You can learn more about it from this excellent guide, and experiment with this on-line validator.